This Herb Potato Salad is sure to bring a whole new flavor and meaning to potato salad at your summer BBQ’s. The combination of fresh herb infused new potatoes, thinly sliced scallions and mustard-red wine vinegar sauce is sure to create the unique yet simple summer side for any occasion.
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (about 15), halved if large
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, tarragon and chives)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket;
- Bring the water to a boil. Place the potatoes in the basket, cover and steam until tender, 12 to 14 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the herbs, scallions, oil, mustard, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the cooked potatoes and toss to combine.