It’s summer time. And it sure is hot! What do you do when you need that caffeine fix, but don’t want to add another degree of heat to your life? Answer -you make iced coffee. We have the perfect iced coffee recipe that will keep you cool, caffeinated and save on those endless runs to Starbucks.
- 1 pound ground coffee
- 8 quarts cold water
- Half-and-half (healthy splash per serving)
- Sweetened condensed milk (2-3 tablespoons per serving)
- In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight.
- Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.
- Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool. Use as needed.
- To make iced coffee, pack a glass full of ice cubes. Fill glass 2/3 full with coffee liquid. Add healthy splash of half-and-half. Add 2-3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk (can use plain sugar instead) and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust half-and-half and/or sweetened condensed milk as needed.
- Drink up!
Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.